Sound Beach Pediatrics is excited to hear that an FDA advisory committee has voted to recommend emergency use authorization of the Pfizer COVID19 vaccine for children ages 5-11, with the FDA’s final ruling expected very soon.
Sound Beach Pediatrics advocates for the COVID19 vaccination for children and we intend to provide the vaccine at the practice.
We want to update you on our plans:
- Sound Beach Pediatrics’ application to provide the COVID19 vaccine is in process.
- Additional electronic interface requirements must be met in order to provide the COVID19 vaccine from our practice:
- This interface project is well underway between AthenaHealth (our electronic health record system) and the State of Connecticut.
- I have communicated with both today, to ensure we are moving forward as efficiently as possible
- We are making progress daily, committed to providing the vaccine as quickly as possible and in line with our state protocol.
We are also in active communication with Greenwich Hospital (Yale New Haven Health). Today, I spoke with the Chief Medical Officer of Greenwich Hospital, Dr. Karen Santucci. The hospital is expecting a surge in demand for the vaccine once it is available to younger children (ages 5-11 years) and is actively working on solutions to provide the vaccine on a broader scale to children in our community. Sound Beach Pediatrics will continue to work closely with Greenwich Hospital and will provide updates as available.
We believe it is a very pivotal time during the pandemic for children and families. We will keep you posted on news related to Yale New Haven Health’s vaccination program plans, as well as our own.
Dr. Katy & The Sound Beach Pediatrics Team