As of January 14, 2022
We are currently seeing a surge of sick patients right now, and a surge in COVID19 infections in parallel with what we are seeing across the nation. There are numerous changes in CDC guidelines, and schools and daycare centers in the community are updating their protocols. Sound Beach Pediatrics has also updated our workflow. We remain steadfast in our goal to provide outstanding health care to our families, while simultaneously protecting our patients and our staff from COVID-19 disease transmission.
Office hours remain the same:
- Monday-Friday: 7:45 am-5:00 pm (closed for lunch 12:30-1:30)
- Saturdays: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Sundays: closed
Appointments can be scheduled during regular business hours.
- One parent or caretaker per child per visit. We currently allow an exception for newborns through 7 weeks, for both parents to attend.
- No siblings allowed unless he or she is also being seen for an appointment (ie. double check up, double sick visit). Exceptions made only in urgent circumstances with provider approval.
- Masks required for all children 2 years and up and all parents and caretakers.
- Please complete Phreesia Digital Check In prior to your appointment. This includes the COVID19 screening questionnaire.
- Your child must be well and without recent COVID19 exposures (ie. not in quarantine). Please provide honest answers to our COVID19 screening questionnaire to ensure everyone’s safety.
- All children must be healthy to come to a “face to face” well visit – no fever, no cough, no vomiting/diarrhea. If your child has any symptoms of illness, or COVID19 exposures, please let our front staff know so we can reschedule your well visit.
- In certain instances, children with mild symptoms of illness (mild nasal congestion) who need a well visit urgently may be seen on the South Side in full PPE, at the discretion of the pediatrician.
- We encourage children who require vaccinations to come into the office to receive immunizations.
- Please call upon your arrival to the parking lot.
- You will be brought back to an exam room as quickly as possible, to keep the numbers of patients and family members to a minimum.
- Sick patients will be seen on the South Side. These visits will take place in designated “sick rooms” by providers in full PPE, separately from our well patients.
- No walk-in visits at this time.
- Laboratory testing and referrals to the ER will be made as appropriate.
- For a true emergency, call 911 and go directly to the Emergency Room.
Patients with a known COVID19 exposure or suspected COVID19 infection will be seen initially through a telemedicine visit. We refer these patients to Greenwich Hospital (or Stamford Hospital) for drive up testing. We ask for your understanding as we balance individual patient demands, office safety, and ongoing volatile fluctuations of the pandemic in our community.
Patients with a history of recent COVID19 infection should have a telemedicine visit with us 7 days after the positive test. If our physicians have any concerns, or you would like your child to be seen in our office, we will arrange an in office-visit for your child at the appropriate time.
- Medical advice and medication refills are provided through telemedicine visits.
- Portal messages will be answered generally within 24-48 hours, Monday through Friday.
- Please call us for urgent matters.
- Please reserve after hours calls for true emergencies and urgent health matters.
- As always, please call 911 for a true emergency.
We will continue to make adjustments as the demands of the pandemic continue to change this summer, and into fall and winter. We will keep you informed. All of us at Sound Beach Pediatrics are here to help support your family in the coming months as we face the challenges of the pandemic with you.