As of October 5, 2020
Our goal is to continue to provide outstanding health care to our families, while simultaneously protecting our patients and our staff from COVID-19 disease transmission. Based the latest guidance from the CDC, the AAP and Yale, Sound Beach Pediatrics has modified our workflow as follows:
Office hours remain the same:
- Monday-Friday: 7:45 am-5:00 pm (closed for lunch 12:30-1:30)
- Saturdays: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Sundays: closed
Appointments can be scheduled during regular business hours.
All sick patients during office hours will be seen initially via telemedicine visits. All requests for COVID19 testing (for any reason) will be managed through telemedicine visits.
- Select sick patients will be seen at the end of the day at the discretion of our clinical providers after telemedicine screening. These visits will take place in designated “sick rooms” by providers in full PPE, separately from our well patients.
- No walk-in visits at this time
- Laboratory testing and referrals to the ER will be made as appropriate
- For a true emergency, call 911 and go directly to the Emergency Room
SBP Drive-Up Testing (by appointment, after telemedicine visit):
- Effective Monday October 5, we are offering testing for rapid flu, rapid strep, and COVID19 PCR (sent to Greenwich Hospital) through a designated, drive-up parking space in our parking lot.
- The parking space is located near the back entrance – the space on the far-right corner, near the lawn area.
- Appointments for testing will be available Monday-Friday afternoons.
- Swabbing will be performed with the child seated comfortably but firmly restrained in the car by parent or care provider to ensure safety – passenger side, back seat, allowing our staff to approach your car on the passenger side.
- A member of our clinical staff will perform any necessary testing in full PPE (personal protective equipment).
- To ensure best flow and efficiency in our parking lot, any rapid strep and/or rapid flu results will be called to the parent after the drive-up appointment.
- For your child’s safety, no physical exams are performed in our parking lot.
- COVID19 PCR tests will be processed by the Greenwich Hospital Lab (just as before).
- COVID19 results are generally back within 24h-48h.
- Negative results will be sent to the portal.
- Positive results will be called to the parent and also sent to the portal.
We expect significant fluctuations in demand for COVID19 testing and will also continue to refer patients as needed to Greenwich Hospital (or Stamford Hospital) for drive up testing. We ask for your understanding as we balance individual patient demands and our staffing day to day, with unknown volatile fluctuations of the pandemic in our community.
Well care visits are provided through “face to face” in office visits and through Tele-Well visits … it’s your choice.
- All children must be healthy to come to a “face to face” well visit – no fever, no cough, no vomiting/diarrhea
- We encourage children who require vaccinations to come into the office to receive immunizations
- Only one parent or care provider may attend the visit; no siblings unless approved by our office
- All medical advice and medication refills are provided through telemedicine visits
- Portal messages will be answered generally within 24 hours, and typically sooner
- Please call us for urgent matters
- Please reserve after hours calls for true emergencies and urgent health matters
We will continue to make adjustments as the demands of fall and winter shift and keep you apprised and informed. All of us at Sound Beach Pediatrics are here to help support your family in the coming months as we face the challenges of the pandemic with you.